The KLM SUNSHINE is a so-called Pinisi, a traditional Indonesian wooden ship type.
It was built in Bira in southern Sulawesi. The shipbuilders, who all come from the same village, master an art of shipbuilding, which is passed down from generation to generation.
Pinisi are traditionally used as fishing and merchant boats, and about 800 of them are still in operation today. The abbreviation KLM stands for „Kapal Layar Mesin“ (sailingboat with motor).
- Length overall: 30,75 m
- Length of the Deck: 25,50 m
- Width of the Deck: 6,93 m
- Width of the main deck: 3,00 m
- 2 double cabins at the lower deck
- 2 double cabins at the upper deck
- 1 Owner’s cabine at the lower deck
- all cabins are air conditioned
- max. 8 to 10 divers
- Tender: 1
- Engine: Mercedes OM423, 470 hps
- Generators: two with 50 kW and one with 15 kW
- Compressors: two Bauer Poseidon and one Nitrox system
- Tanks: 30 Nitrox Tanks
- Satellite phone: ISAT phone Pro
- Search and Rescue Transmitter: TRON AIS-SART
- Life raft: eine für 10 Personen
- Lifebelts: 6
- Life Jackets: 20
- Satellite Communicator: Garmin Inreach SE®+ with Protegear Vesseltrack